- Sustainable solutions to support changing needs and trends in detergents, dish wash, industrial and consumer cleaning, and cosmetics sectors
- Low temperature cleaning performance additives for the autodish and laundry market
- Innovative preservative booster for skin and hair care formulations
- SEPAWA 2013 – Booth 658 – 660
Muttenz, October 9, 2013 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, unites sustainability with innovation and trends in its solutions for the surfactants and cosmetics markets at SEPAWA 2013 – the 60th SEPAWA Congress and European Detergents Conference in Fulda, Germany from October 9 – 11, 2013 (Booth 658 – 660).
Experts from across Clariant’s business units will come together to demonstrate innovative possibilities for the Home, Fabric & Personal Care, and Cleaning Product industries to increase efficiency, reduce costs and improve the environmental compatibility of end applications. Clariant’s customer-focused and consumer-oriented approach creates new ingredients, formulation concepts and services centered on the key trends and preferences driving the various segments. For example, addressing demands for excellent performance at lower wash temperatures in the detergent sector, or the trend toward more natural ingredients and fewer chemicals in cosmetics.
Clariant will present its innovations under the banners “We Care About Home” – its new business model for surface solutions, and “Uncover the Secret Code of Beauty” – its exciting new concept of products and services for the Personal Care sector. Visitors can dig deeper into technical details behind several of the new developments during the conference sessions. Product highlights at the Clariant Booth include:
Laundry Detergent powders:
- New TexCare® SRA 300 F matches consumers’ preference for convenience from their laundry experience. The innovative soil release polymer enhances the cleaning and whitening power of detergents to give a clean, fresh look which works particularly well on polyesters and polyester/cotton mixes valued for their comfort factor. Importantly, the whiteness and brightness of clothes is maintained even after multiple washes.
- Clariant’s low temperature bleach activator for the laundry market – Peractive® DOBA – offers excellent performance on difficult to remove, hydrophobic stains. Peractive Perfect Clean is a very powerful cleaning combination of TAED with DOBA in a single co-granule, thus offering a product targeted at both hydrophobic and hydrophilic stains in one product format.
- Clariant offers two bleach catalysts to meet demands for stain removal in the autodish segment. Peractive MnOx is an eco-friendly, biodegradable bleach catalyst showing excellent tea stain removal below 50˚C; Peractive MnTACN offers exceptional overall performance and delivers excellent starch removal and the added benefit of a silver corrosion inhibitor, both catalysts boost performance in short dishwashing cycles at lower temperatures. All products are available as cogranules with TAED for broad range performance and ease of use.
- New methods to achieve the perfect viscosity for dishwashing liquids. Aligned with global green trends such as water saving and reduced pack size consumers are increasingly demanding concentrated products for household. For their formulation and application, the use of rheology modifiers like flammable ethanol is mandatory. TexCare SRN 170 offers a high-performance and environmentally friendly alternative as a low VOC and solvent-free solution for controlling the viscosity of concentrated dishwashing liquids. It is proven to be at least four times more effective in use than standard solvents and secondary effects such as improved formulation stability, soil dispersion and pleasant skin feel can be claimed.
“The perfect viscosity for your dishwashing liquids” will be presented by Clariant on 10 October from 09.45 – 10.00hrs in Room 2.
- Clariant’s “Secret Code of Beauty” concept is the inspiration behind new products and solutions for hair and skin care formulations. The Secret Code of Beauty combines Clariant’s outstanding expertise in the Personal Care market, creative innovation power, and deep consumer and trend insights with its focus on sustainability and passion for sensorial solutions.
- Developed in line with the new concept, Clariant introduces the luxurious soft, velvety skin feel of new Aristoflex® Velvet to skin care formulations. The innovative composition of the EO-free and preservative-free ingredient does not immediately break on skin when applied, but instead gently melts while applying to leave skin feeling evenly soft and moisturized.
- Clariant brings safe and efficient preservation to the fore in a new development to support the trend in skin and hair care formulations. The completely renewable and biodegradable Velsan® SC (Sorbitan Caprylate) is an Ecocert approved booster of preservative systems that is non-toxic. Several optimized, easy to use liquid blends of Sorbitan Caprylate with preservatives have been developed for safe preservation of rinse-off and leave-on formulations. These optimizations help the formulator to use preservatives in combination with Sorbitan Caprylate in an efficient, minimally invasive way.
Dr. Tom Fricke presents “Minimally invasive preservation – big effect with low concentrations” on October 9, from 11.15-11.30hrs in Room 2.
Eye-catching cleaning products:
- Clariant’s core range of colorants (dyes, pigments and pigment preparations) meets the requirements of the Nordic Ecolabel “Nordic Swan” and the EU Ecolabel to support customers in their pursuit of eco-label status for consumer and industrial cleaning products.
- The Duasyn® and Sanolin® water soluble dyes are available in liquid or powder form and cover a wide range of shades within the color spectrum. Clariant has extended the liquid dye range to support a dust-free, easy, and efficient handling of a colorant’s formulation and production.
- Pigments and pigment preparations complete the range and offer a broad variety of color solutions to formulate all desired cleaning products.
- Clariant offers specific ranges of pigment preparations for the shoe care industry. Products from its Colanyl®, Flexonyl® and FM-BR granules Pigment preparations ranges have been especially selected and tested for application in wax based shoe polishes and aqueous shoe care emulsions. The colorants are based on four-color printing.
® TRADEMARK OF CLARIANT REGISTERED IN MANY COUNTRIES.